Welcome to the CosmoPolitical Cooperative!
We unite the people that work and act together - that cooperate - in a democratic way, at the scale of the European Union, towards making our vision of a happy and sustainable society for the 21st century, the Society of Agreement, a reality. We build a political cooperative, whereby we mean that:
- we act in the political field;
- we operate as a cooperative, recognised at EU level under the statute of a European Cooperative Society.
We operate in the political field
We want to:
- make our vision of a happy and sustainable society, the Society of Agreement, a reality by 2050 at the latest, at the level of the European Union and beyond. The Society of Agreement is based upon 3 mutually-supporting pillars: (1) pan-European democracy, in all public institutions and private organisations; (2) social justice and confidence in the future for all; (3) environmental sustainability, specifically: Greenhouse Gases emissions below net-zero ;
- undertake a "30-40-50 Strategy" to reach the three pillars of this vision in parallel axes of effort, with staggered objectives: (1) pan-European democracy in 2030, to have a sufficiently strong and unified political power to overcome the resistance of economic and financial powers, (2) social justice in 2040, so that everyone has the confidence in the future necessary to engage in profound transformations of their way of life, (3) environmental sustainability in 2050, for reasons of simple survival of human civilisation. In our views, pursuing these three lines jointly and in parallel, being equally radical in the pursuit of each of them, in a coherent, long-term roadmap, is the only means to overcome the global challenges of the 21st century;
- define public policies leading to the Society of Agreement and integrated into the 30-40-50 Strategy, prioritize them into a medium-term action plan, and support them in the public debate;
- participate in democratic political elections at all levels of public institutions, from the commune to the European Union, support our medium-term action plan, adapted to this level of public institution, and win positions of responsibility in assemblies and governments;
- exercise political responsibilities in public institutions at all levels, to transform the world and society in line with this medium-term action plan, by mobilising the resources and instruments of public power: public regulation, public spending and investment, and taxation.
We operate as a cooperative, under the statute of a European Cooperative Society
- we rigorously apply the democratic principle of "one person, one vote" in all our decision-making processes, at the three key stages of initiative, amendment and prioritisation of actions. To achieve this, our processes and tools deliver first-in-class internal democracy.;
- our democracy is deliberative: we give ourselves the means and tools (in particular software) to discuss freely and in depth among ourselves, learn from each other and thus progress in our knowledge and reflection, and then take decisions that engage our entire organization and are effectively implemented;
- we work in a cooperative manner and spirit of mutual respect, kindness and support, in a safe and trustworthy space, where everyone contributes to the common work according to their means and resources;
- we achieve together what we could never do in isolation: think and make our collective decisions, but also create and maintain the software, legal, conceptual, informational and hardware infrastructures necessary to support these thoughts and decisions;
- we constitute, by virtue of our status as a European Cooperative Society, a single pan-European organisation recognised in each Member State of the European Union as a national cooperative. We participate directly in elections to the European Parliament and municipal elections, those where the right to vote and to be elected is open to all citizens of the European Union. When required by national legislation, we participate in national elections through our "Member State-wide political entities".
YOU can contribute, with your experience, your values, your aspirations, to changing the European Union and the world for the better.
and participate in all activities and decisions.
"Cosmopolitical: adjective. That considers issues from the perspective of a world citizen"